Sliding Doors are going BIG!
If it is uninterrupted views you’re after, then sliding doors may be the answer. Traditionally sliding doors were bulky, heavy not very glamorous, but all that has changed over the last few years making sliding doors the door to have.
The aluminium profiles are now much narrower allowing more light into the room. They are also stronger meaning that the frames can go bigger, again allowing more light to flood in. Where a bi-fold door may have 5 or 6 mullions, sliding doors may have just 2 or 3, resulting in a clear and uncluttered feel.
Aluminium for Strength & Expansive Views
Aluminium is a very popular material for large sliding doors, mainly due to its strength, slim sightlines and low maintenance. Another great benefit of Aluminium Sliding Doors is that there are over 300 colours to choose from, allowing these doors to really become part of the overall design of your new living space.
With spans of up to 20 metres and sightlines as little as 35mm, Aluminium sliding doors are more of a moveable glass wall than a door.
We know that one door won’t suit everyone’s tastes and needs, that’s why at Bristol Bifold there are different types of aluminium sliding door. There is something for every situation.
- Fully thermally broken aluminium profile of 83mm
- short lead times on stock colours (black, white, anthracite grey, anthracite on white)
- cost effective
- locally manufactured in Gloucestershire,
- panels up to 2000mm wide x 2500mm high
- Top end craftsmanship from a German based manufacturer
- just 35mm sightlines
- one of the slimmest sliding doors on the market.
- Option of flush stacking,
- internal flush floor detail,
- choice of handles,
- twin and triple tracks.
- Lightweight and smooth operation.
- Large panel sizes available up to 2000mm wide and 2600mm high.
- Anti-lift blocks,
- five point locking system and internally glazed for excellent security.
- Moving corner post option available.
- Plant on panels available to increase maximum possible opening percentage.